The Uniontown Community Park was started in 1969 when the Uniontown Lions Club formed a committee to find ground on which a community park could be developed.
On May 3, 1971, the Uniontown Community Park Association received their corporation charter from the state of Ohio. The Lions Club purchased the land in 1972.
The community center was completed in 1978. The children’s playground was installed in 1981 followed by an open picnic shelter in 1994. The newest addition to the park is the Veterans Memorial, which was added in 2005. A one-half mile walking path is in progress. The Uniontown Community Park is a true asset to our community.
Uniontown Community Park offers the following accommodations:
- Community Center seating 250 people. Excellent for wedding receptions, dances, birthday parties, reunions, anniversaries, company parties, church picnics, banquets, and meetings;
- Gazebo for weddings;
- Open Picnic Shelter with seating for 36 people;
- Children’s Playground;
- Horseshoe Pits and Volleyball Court;
- Fishing Pond;
- Veterans Memorial for services;
- One-half mile Walking Path in progress.
All inquires about renting the banquet hall or events in the park should contact:
Uniontown Community Park
3696 Apollo Street, NW
Uniontown, OH 44685
(330) 699-1290 – phone